Morrison silt out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been trying for some time now to get a group of people to dive the Slegio. My plans just always fall through. I have got in touch with a store several times. They use to run a Zodiac out to it every wednesday, not sure if they still do. I am positive you know which store it is since we are staying away from names. Anyways when my group could make it they were either full or no longer running and when they were available my group could not make it.

btw.. I think we just hijacked this thread. sorry.

I promise I wont take it to any non extradition countries. :)

Hi

I know for a fact that Tod Shanon has dive chaters out to the slego on a regular bases out of Aqua Systems, he has a large boat right on the water that gets here in 20 minutes and all tha paper work with the harbor master and marine unit is in order prior to departure.

Amobeus

I work for Todd Shannon.

The only boat in our organization that is on the water is the Oakville drivers boat. which is in oakville. The other boats are all stored elsewhere.

For clarification the dives are arranged out of the Mississauga Diving store in port credit.

I was just mentioning that I could set up the charter for him because we are not going out there on a regular basis any more.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification Axeman.

Amobeus

Ya! the wind coming down on Centenial beach can be *****y at times, I wish the person who layed the new line out to the Morrison would of cut away the old line instead of leaving it there all cut up swaying in the water, plus the new line is all over the place instead of a nice straight line directly out to the wreck as its always been, but hay! the new line is nice and thanks to the diver who spent the time to lay it out.

Amobeus

Hey Axeman...

Amobeus is correct in stating that Todd Shannon Sr used to dive the Sligo on a regular basis. The dives used to be done on a small 8 man zodiac out of Humber Park West.

The obligation of the Wednesday night dives was done in the zodiac and the sign up was completed solely at Aqua-Systems. We used to meet at the dock at 6:00 pm for the first dive and then when the weather was good we used to complete a second night dive. I was divemaster on the boat on a few occasions in my first years as a cert. divemaster.

When I was first introduced to scuba MDS was responsible for the OW weekends in Midland, on the Orkney Isle, as well as arranging the pool on Tuesday nights. There were 2 zodiacs, one stored at either Todd Sr's home or MDS. The second was stored at the rear of Oakville Diver's. Sr used to leave the store to P/U the zodiac and meet at the park.

Todd Jr has only done this dive for this summer, using the new boat. Last summer there were no dives done on the Sligo by Sr or Jr due to an illness in the family.

Dive safe,

dmdoug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom