Morrison quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone update on the temp? Thinking about this weekend...

Be a man...show up and do the dive...lol. I think it will take quite sometime before it does warm up. Might be diving there Satruday AM...drysuit of course.

Be a man...show up and do the dive...lol. I think it will take quite sometime before it does warm up. Might be diving there Satruday AM...drysuit of course.

Everybody is a comedian LOL

:D

My son just got his new HOG BP/W and regs and is looking to get them wet...,

Gcarter...You missed some good diving today. Morrison was fairly quiet this AM ...about 12 divers altogether. On first dive, water was a balmy 51F at the surface and 41F down to 85 ft or so and I recorded 39F on the second dive. The only folks I saw diving in wetsuits only did one dive. The highlight of my day...the quarry's Pike parked 6 inches off the bottom right under the bridge. I swam 6 to 12 inches avove it and it did not move...

Still to chilly wet LOL, but I could not have gone this weekend anyway. Apparently it is head cold season. Started Wednesday and sinuses are onlt today starting to revert to normal. :(

I have to confess - I did not know there was a pike in the quarry - seriously? All I have seen in there are bitty fingerlings.

How big is it? What depth does it normally hang at?

First spotted the best two or three years ago. It was along the wall in the vicinity of the shark and the pipe that seems to start at the surface and ends up on that ledge. About 2.5 ft long or so. I have a small footage I took of it in June 09 .

Hit the quarry this morning for the first dive of the year - 38F / 3.3C (to 60ft). Lasted 27 minutes before our hands got too cold. Everything else was fine.

We picked up Dry Five gloves for our next outing - see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom