Morrison 8/17/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dove morrison for the first time today. It is quite a cool dive. Best of all it is free. The water was way down from a month ago when I visited to observe. The vis was excellent on the first dive 80' + but it was very stirred up on the second dive about 30-40' in the mouth. This was due all the OW classes there. One thing I learned is go early. We did our first dive ar 9:30am but the second one was around 3:00pm. I have attached some pics.

Glad you guys had a good time out there, we learned pretty quickly that you had to dive early as well.

We ended up at Morrison Saturday evening and jumped in the water a little after the locals started clearing out. This gave the spring just enough time to calm down a bit and clear up. Course, we didn't have much daylight to dive with so the majority of the dive happened in darkness :D I'm guessing we had 50-60' visibility limited by our lights by nightfall.

It looked the Redneck Yacht Club. The later in the day it got the louder they got. I went back over there sunday morning and there was only a couple other divers there besides us then after our first dive the Yacht Club had returned along with about 50 other divers.

I think the word is out ... No more quiet dives with a few boats bumping your head :D.

Thanks for sharing!!! Clinics keeps me so busy this year I hardly have time to browse this board, much less get wet. I love vicariously!

D'Oh...

The sad part is, thats not a rare occurance. Bring a flag, they need something to aim for.

I belive that FSU had folks from their club their this weekend. They were there when Seayoda, Corigan and Kyle dove there earlier this year and like you said it was PACKED!

My brother and I were there Sat. morning. 1st dive around 10:30am or so. There were alot of OW students there. In the cavern there were only my brother and myself and 2 other divers. That was all! On the second dive before I got in I counted 6 bass boats across the basin. All were within 20 to 25' of the dive flags but at least none had their motors on. 2 had their electric trolling motors on but stayed very close to the far bank. They looked like family folk just wanting to jump in the water off of the boat. I didn't mind. They looked very respectful of the divers and snorklers.

OTOH, their were a couple of boats that were being loaded back up onto trailers and they were within a feet or two of the OW students and didn't seem to care at all! I was hoping that the clutch would give out and the whole damn truck would have rolled into the basin!

Anyway on the second dive there was noone in the cavern with us. We were in the cavern the whole dive pretty much and not a single other diver came in. It was a busy day for OW students I can tell.

The vis. was increadable! It was my first time at Morrisons where I could look across the whole basin from bank to bank!

I had a great time. My dives in the gulf this past weekend weren't even in the same league as Morrisons was.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom