morph light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up my Morph today. Awesome light. That joker is so bright and has 3 different brightness settings along with three different strobe modes. It does a slow flash, SOS, and a fast strobe. I can't wait to get it in the caves at the end of the month... It will get its first underwater test run looking for lobster in Ocean City in three weeks...

So what is the lumen output and burn time on each of the 3 different settings? Also how much for the 90 degree adapter?

Pulled the trigger today got a morph 1000 today, gonna dive it next week. Just have to figure out how I'm mounting it. I think I'll bring my DRIS 1000 lumen to compare. opened it up today just a quick question Will there be an option for a longer cable? I'm 6'2" and have a wide wingspan. I havent tried to mount it yet, but I don't think I'll be able to mount it to my waist strap and make it all the way to my hand without a little cable pull. Not nocking the systen (I did buy it afterall) just trouble shooting a few things. I'll let you know how it works out next week.

Just got one in yesterday... was not expecting such a compact design. I have to rethink how I was going to mount it to my rig. I was going to purchase a bungee harness from dive right but I don't think that will fit this little guy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Standard 2" webbing Hogarthian rig.

Just for the record despite the size of the light it completely levels my current hand held light that is rated at 700 lumen narrow beam :)

I have one and it is a very nice little light. Small enough to be mounted anywhere and packs a nice punch. I have had it in the green waters of the great lakes down to the caves of Mexico - all well lit up.

Do not be concerned with the on-paper lumens as much as the usable light. I have had it next to models that promoted 3000lm and the morph was not too far behind them.

If your are on the fence about getting one - don't be.

I have a slew of Morph 1000's

I use one as my main light (spot head), I also carry 2 backups as well.

I have another Morph 1000 with video heads for my video/camera rig.

Has worked great for everything I've done (dark PNW diving, Caribbean, mountain lakes, etc)

Having the two ports has been great for the video rig. I usually charge up the battery once a week with heavy diving (could go longer, never seen a lower battery charge notification)

Built a cheap goodman handle under $10 from the dollar store and hardware store.

BRad

Can you show us your goodman handle you built?

This has the backup Morph on it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 116
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 97
I have one and it is a very nice little light. Small enough to be mounted anywhere and packs a nice punch. I have had it in the green waters of the great lakes down to the caves of Mexico - all well lit up.

Do not be concerned with the on-paper lumens as much as the usable light. I have had it next to models that promoted 3000lm and the morph was not too far behind them.

If your are on the fence about getting one - don't be.

Sweet. I got mine... taking it in the water today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom