More questions Sealife DC500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Don't for get to test the housing on a dive (w/o the camera inside) before taking it down with the camera!!!

Good point, never thought of that!

Probably only if it is not operator error. I wondered why they tell you to check the seal for any stray hairs, or sand grains, and then equip the care pack with stringy q-tips to clean the seal with. I wondered if foam eye makeup applicators would be better to clean it with.

underachiever:
While that is a good point, I would think that if it did flood it would be covered by warranty.

Why risk it and not be able to take any picture for the rest of the trip? Test and be safe :wink:

CheddarChick:
I wondered if foam eye makeup applicators would be better to clean it with.

Good thinking :wink: They do work well and lots of SB'ers use them.

I would rather go ahead and dive with the camera instead of risking missing that "perfect encounter" with some pelagic! Unless you are willing to give up a whole morning of diving, you are going to have to open the housing on the boat in order to insert the camera. I think that in the humid, rocking boat you would be at more risk of 'diver error' than my testing it live. Not to mention the fogging you could get by opening it on the boat.
By the way, my husband dives with a 5060 and my brother in law dives with a canon. On our last trip to Key Largo my pictures with my DC500 beat them hands down.....and they didn't like it! My biggest suggestion is to look at your pictures on a tv screen each evening after your dives. You can really help your learning curve along by seeing a larger version of what works and what doesn't. Experience really is the best teacher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom