More on Alcohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I ran a dive boat in vacation diver hell, I think I'd own one of those new type $200 breathalizer to use in "suspect" cases.

There was a pair of caves deaths this year that may have been linked to cocaine - drugs and booze are defintalty bad news when mixed with diving.

According to Dr. Taher, 80% of all accidents treated in their chamber are caused by dehydration following excessive alcohol consumption the evening before the dive.

People need to understand the impact of alcohol on the body, and the bodies ablity to off gas. There is so much more to be learned about why people who dive normal safe profiles get a hit. Knowing this, and that alcohol dehydrates why would somebody subject themselves to this risk. In regard to "'just a simple" drink with lunch, I believe that your first drink of the day comes after the last day of the day

durian:
Any Instructors or DM's have to deal with a diver suferring from "the night before"?

Mostly it's the divemasters and instructors I've seen who partied too much the night before, as well as chain smoking on the boats. Worst case was the boat leader who couldn't do a good site briefing because he got hammered the night before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom