More Ogden Point photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
Next time I used it, there was a pretty big leak in the crotch (can I say that on family-friendly scubaboard?) and both arms were full of water. I later noticed that the crotch had areas that were delaminating. I spread a thin layer of aquaseal on the worst bit of it. .
You have to be careful at the breakwater. Lifting your legs to climb up those concrete blocks can really put strain on a drysuit. I had Whites sew in an extra panel after just such an adventure at Ogden Pt.

naclydogg:
I have a couple of them that I use for extras in caves, but I never thought to try one diving. I'll have to try one next time I go diving Sounds like the light is more waterproof than your "dry" suit
That's because drysuits are too expensive. If they had $9 drysuits, everybody would be dry. Seriously though, I wouldn't use that light for anything important. I just use it in the photos for that cheezy dive magazine "diver interest" look.

wedivebc:
You have to be careful at the breakwater. Lifting your legs to climb up those concrete blocks can really put strain on a drysuit. I had Whites sew in an extra panel after just such an adventure at Ogden Pt.
I know exactly what you mean. The first few times I dove the breakwater I walked 1/2 kilometer out on the bottom set of blocks at low tide. The barnacles tore up my wetsuit boots and I actually had cuts on my feet when I got back. Then there's the fun of getting out of the water when the swell has come up and you get thrown into the blocks and the barnacles act like a chese grater. It's still a great dive (although I usually don't bother going in closer than the 2nd corner and the end is really nice). Too bad about the walk.

Nice Pics. man I haven't been to Ogden in such a long time. I love it there. great spot for checking out gear or just getting wet. I can also relate to those breakwater blocks.

Nice spot. I just dove it for the first time last week trying out some new gear. You have to like a spot you can drive up to, have a coffee, do some diving, without a long walk. Of course I only walked out to the first turn before jumping in. How deep is it out by the light house?

herseyjh:
Nice spot. I just dove it for the first time last week trying out some new gear. You have to like a spot you can drive up to, have a coffee, do some diving, without a long walk. Of course I only walked out to the first turn before jumping in. How deep is it out by the light house?
At the end, it gets down to around 80-85 feet deep. I think the 2nd corner to the end is the best area of the breakwater. That's where most of the current hits so there's less silt on the rocks and more colour. Plus, there are all the wolf eels.

I took the video camera back to Ogden Point yesterday. I left the wide-angle attatchment at home because I wanted to take some close-up video of the tiger rockfish that live around the wolf-eel dens. Of course this was the only time that I didn't see them. There were pretty big swells on the surface out near the end of the breakwater (the surge was pushing me around even 60 feet deep), but the vis was ok for this time of year (20 feet). Anyways, here are some frame-grabs from the video:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom