More Ogden Point photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exellent photos! Thanks so much for sharing. What was the temp? How deep were you? What photo equipment were you using? Excellent work, thanks for posting.

KidK9:
Exellent photos! Thanks so much for sharing. What was the temp? How deep were you? What photo equipment were you using? Excellent work, thanks for posting.
I don't know exactly what the temp was. I'd guess around 5 degrees Celsius. Max depth was 80 feet, but most of the pictures were taken 20-60 feet deep. I used an old Minolta SLR with a 17mm lens in an Ikelite housing and a homemade strobe. I used the timer on the camera so I could get myself in the picture.

As always, great pics :)

Hyper-limits:
Hey Mark nice pictures, your DS looks like pretty too:D for an old suit anyway.
Yes, so far it's been interesting. That was the 3rd time I used it. The first time I could feel water flooding in as soon as I jumped in. There was a hole in the leg under a seam. It was fun walking back from the end of the breakwater after the dive with water balloon legs. I put a dab of aquaseal under the seam and stopped that leak. I inflated it and did the soapy water test and couldn't find any leaks. Next time I used it, there was a pretty big leak in the crotch (can I say that on family-friendly scubaboard?) and both arms were full of water. I later noticed that the crotch had areas that were delaminating. I spread a thin layer of aquaseal on the worst bit of it. I don't know what to do about the arms. I don't think it's the zipper, because my shoulders are dry. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe Ten Mile Pt.

swankenstein:
Yes, so far it's been interesting. That was the 3rd time I used it. The first time I could feel water flooding in as soon as I jumped in. There was a hole in the leg under a seam. It was fun walking back from the end of the breakwater after the dive with water balloon legs. I put a dab of aquaseal under the seam and stopped that leak. I inflated it and did the soapy water test and couldn't find any leaks. Next time I used it, there was a pretty big leak in the crotch (can I say that on family-friendly scubaboard?) and both arms were full of water. I later noticed that the crotch had areas that were delaminating. I spread a thin layer of aquaseal on the worst bit of it. I don't know what to do about the arms. I don't think it's the zipper, because my shoulders are dry. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe Ten Mile Pt.

Good luck, when you finish fixing the suit I want to have it back:wink:

naclydogg:
I see you have in your hand one of those cheap headlamps. How deep have you taken one before it leaks?
Yeah that's one of those $9 headlamps. It's never leaked, but the deepest I've taken it was only around 125 feet or so. I've never seen anyone use them for deep cave exploration. The only thing I had to do was check for the "flashing", or moulding lines in the plastic across the o-ring groove. I sanded it down with very fine sandpaper.

I have a couple of them that I use for extras in caves, but I never thought to try one diving. I'll have to try one next time I go diving Sounds like the light is more waterproof than your "dry" suit

Back
Top Bottom