More nudists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha girl!

well I took this picture on the San Pedro. The nudis were crawling across the wreck and the blue is actually water that you can see thru a hole in the metal

alcina:
Very nice :D

I gotta ask, what is that blue that the Trembling Nudis are crawling out of?!?

Thanks marpacifica, Jetwrench, Dee and Yoda :D

Cool pictures Chris and Seabat

justleesa:
Aloha girl!

well I took this picture on the San Pedro. The nudis were crawling across the wreck and the blue is actually water that you can see thru a hole in the metal

Thanks marpacifica, Jetwrench, Dee and Yoda :D

Cool pictures Chris and Seabat
Leesa that is the neatest effect!!
I still haven't even seen one of these in person!!!
But I love the pictures. I think it will be long time before I attempt any of those!

pennypue:
Chris, I love how close you got on those!!!
I am really starting to like the nudis......especially the double entendres associated with them!

Thanks Penny
Here is the gear I use
http://homepage.mac.com/myprism/equipment/camera.html

Best purchase I have made over the last six months is an Epoque 2X Macro Filter. Its brilliant for getting that close and closer, you just have to be wary of your Depth Of Field, its only about half an inch, very hard if there is any swell or surge going.

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
Thanks Penny
Here is the gear I use
http://homepage.mac.com/myprism/equipment/camera.html

Best purchase I have made over the last six months is an Epoque 2X Macro Filter. Its brilliant for getting that close and closer, you just have to be wary of your Depth Of Field, its only about half an inch, very hard if there is any swell or surge going.

Cheers
Chris
I enjoyed your website too, Chris. Thanks!! Wow, a half inch?? I would only be in focus by shear luck even if I were on solid rock dry land!! :)

I think my next Cozumel trip I'll try a disposable camera for starters. But I WON'T be posting anything. :D

I'll just take stare jealously at everyone else's!!! I'll get there eventually.

In my last trip to Little Cayman, everyone got obsessed with finding different kinds of nudi's. Once you go nudi, you can't go back. It's very addicting.

I'd like to become addicted to nudis.....but just what do they DO?

On my recent Cozumel trip, the divemaster picked up an orange sponge at one point and showed it to me. At first I couldn't figure out why it was significant, then noticed a tiny dark worm crawling on it. It didn't look too interesting, but I shot a quick picture anyway. I forgot to ask him about it after the dive.

That evening I downloaded my pictures to my laptop, and discovered that this was actually a colorful nudibranch. Unfortunately it wasn't in focus so the picture isn't worth looking at, but I'm pretty sure it was a painted elysia, one of the most attractive nudibranchs in the Humann caribbean creature book.

Next next couple of days I kept looking for more of them. Didn't find that kind, though I did discover several ornate elysias. Now I'm always on the lookout for nudis. And I've got a macro lens on order so that I can get better pics.

-Mark

Back
Top Bottom