In Process: More new annoying adds...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, You've said this twice now. I have no idea what you want me to see in post #7.
Can you be less cryptic?
are you really that obtuse ? you keep saying your subscritiption blocks the ads - post 7# is a subscriber and keeps getting the ads

are you really that obtuse ? you keep saying your subscritiption blocks the ads - post 7# is a subscriber and keeps getting the ads
But for all I know he might be a new subscriber, and not set up yet. Seems like a lot of people report they have subscribed but are not yet functioning right. I don't know what goes on behind the curtain.

In any case, how does his issue invalidate my situation? I do not see the ads, and as far as I know I have no adblockers running...only the paid subscription to SB. You do not appear to be a supporter of SB, so are you seeing the ads? I assume so.

But for all I know he might be a new subscriber, and not set up yet.
with 2000 plus comments?
Does AdBlock work? If not, Going Red does.
clearly it does not - unless the poster referanced is an anomaly

tursiops:
But for all I know he might be a new subscriber, and not set up yet.
with 2000 plus comments?
Apologies, I meant Supporter, not Subscriber. He may have become a supporter just recently, and his account is not set up correctly yet.

Wookie finally aced out the ads for me, which were often blocking whole sections of pages, obviously some glitch. I have been a supporter of Scubaboard for some time and will continue to do so; have gained valuable information over the years, even friends and associations.

I’ll miss the ads of young women in yoga pants but certainly not the guys in those potato cycling shorts . . .

Innthe last couple of months we have gone from a level of ads that was mostly tolerable to one that is highly annoying. There has been no change in the quality of the site that would make it worthwhile.

If you want to make it a paysite then be upfront about it, instead of jist making the user experience worse and worse all the time. I, for one, will never pay for content, especially content creates by unpaid users, such as a forum, nor will I ever support any sponsors.

Hey, I went red in the head quite a while back and still have all of the crappy ads and pop-ups.

What's the deal?
Did you turn off ads after becoming a supporter/sponsor?

It is in the "Preferences" portion of "Your Account":

1716464590166.png

It isn't automatically turned on....

Did you turn off ads after becoming a supporter/sponsor?

It is in the "Preferences" portion of "Your Account":

View attachment 842483

It isn't automatically turned on....
It had already been checked, not by me, though there was a strange inability to check or uncheck any of the boxes if had desired. Wookie had to do his magic. Initially, I thought it had to be an issue of tablet versus desktop; but it was all the same run of distracting ads . . .

Thank you for removing the popup adds.

The replacements are covering post titles
Screenshot_20240524_184144_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom