More Fusion questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 11 dives on my fusion now and I like it more than ever now. I have removed the Bullet skin and installed the Tech skin, what a difference in mobility it literally feels like I'm wearing a pair of PJ's now. The question I have is how do you deal with the condensation inside the suit after the dive? My old suit was a NexGen and I never had any condensation inside the suit now with the Fusion I have a lot more than I would have expected. I have even tasted the condensation to see if it was salty and it is not, and my under garments do not dry with salt residue so it is not leaking. Do you hang the suit upside down? turn it inside out(kind of a pain)? Use a Hang Air?

I don't get to use my mine except during the dead of winter and have about the same number of dives in mine as you do yours. I hang mine (Bullet) upside down until the skin is dry. I put a long thick sock on my hand and run it around in the bag to dry off any residual condensation. It also makes it easy to get down the arms and legs. :)

If I'm diving in the summer, where I sweat in my undergarments and get a lot of condensation, I just turn the suit inside out for an hour or so, and then turn it right-side-out and hang it up. (I do this in Mexico, where the humid heat leads to TONS of sweat before you get in the water.) One of the lovely things about the Fusion is that it is so easy to turn inside out.

Turning the suit inside out with the bullet skin is kind of a pain but is very easy with the Tech skin. The only concern I have with turning the suit inside out is the bending the zipper, I am careful but it does get bent and after having two zippers break on my NexGen I'm kind of paranoid.

Well, as I said, I turn mine inside out. I also turn it inside out to wash the inside when it gets sticky. It took about 450 dives for the zipper to fail, and I think that's not unusual for zippers.

Well, as I said, I turn mine inside out. I also turn it inside out to wash the inside when it gets sticky. It took about 450 dives for the zipper to fail, and I think that's not unusual for zippers.

I think this is what I will continue to do. I'll listen to you this time, and should have last time. I purchased the suit with the bullet skin but like the Tech skin much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom