More Cultus fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's a 10 minute video of Slamfire and I diving the west side of Cultus around the old CFB Chilliwack training site. From about 1945 to present this is one of two Canadian locations for sappers (engineers) to practice wet gap maneuvers. Go Pro mounted on my UK light cannon, no lens correction.

[video=youtube;48E8UEROPDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48E8UEROPDI&list=UU5zvhnU0XYpf_cadpYJYkhQ& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I thought I herd a boat above and There it was on shore. no one kept up on the docks, and it looks like it was a boating destination. Overall a pretty neat lake dive.

I believe that is a 72 vintage Matel brand wreck you brought to the surface, and its funny how things appear bigger down under.

Thanks for the post Dale. Memories of my time in Vedder Crossing...

Regards,

Wayne

The boat was one of several pleasure craft operating on the lake - it is usually so quiet that any sound travels. As good weather approaches Cultus becomes a gong show and diving gets limited to one of several buoyed off areas. Even then it's a toss up and I always plan to ascend close to shore. Using a flag doesn't help as they boaters will come in to see what it is or to do slalom runs around it.

Wayne, after finding some MkIII wreckage I joined the military historical society to use their archives; a lot of history there. Were you a combat diver there? Also, can you tell me what this shoulder flash represents? I thought the double hose was a nice touch.

044.jpg

Some other dive related insignia and stuff from the museum in Chilliwack:

Picture2009-17.jpg
Picture2020-1.jpg
Picture2017-2.jpg
Picture2013-7.jpg
Picture2014-2.jpg
Picture2019-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom