Moray - up close and personal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwlmgold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I cannot imagine what attracted him to the camera but he came on with a purpose.

Moray Up Close and Personal - YouTube

Shot off Roatan. I had a GOPRO Hero2 with an iSteadyShot ProHolder and a ProPolar red filter. No strobe. It was shot in R3 mode and there was some post production (three way color correction) in Adobe Premiere Elements. This was my 12th dive with the GOPRO. I am amazed with the capability of this little camera.

Don

Thanks for sharing.............you might tone down the post processing as it seemed very over-exposed and washed out too pinkish to me, but hey, we all live and learn...........from each other, so once again thanks for sharing.

Wow! Thanks for that. I love to see the free swimming morays off Roatan, but wouldn't like to see one come after me like that. No wonder your computer was beeping. :)

After seeing that video of the moray biting a guy's thumb off, I'm always scared when I see Morays charging!

Sweet video!

You didn't happen to shoot that on the north side west of Anthony' s Key? I had a Moray do that to me there and it looked just like the one in your video. After the dive the dive master told me that particular moray likes to free swim up and introduce himself pretty routinely.

A 4-5' moray off of Kona Hawaii swam right into, and bonked nose first into..........my go pro lens TWICE in 5 seconds...........even as I was back pedaling....................nose to glass, bonk bonk

whether reflection, or they're used to being fed.......fun times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom