moral question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stealing is immoral. It is unChristian, Uncouth, and not to be tolerated. A thief is the second lowest form of life on the planet, right after adulterers. That you even ask the question tells me what kind of disgusting human you are.

Actually surprised you weren't required to show a credit card on check-in. Typically that's done even on pre-paid visits for the exact reason of covering these incidental expenses. Just call the resort and ask them about the declined charges. After all you intended to make the purchases.

Not surprised by this. I stay in Hotels a lot as a business traveler. In the case of Marriotts, if you use their online or mobile check in feature, they just run the card they have on file. If you check in at the counter, they ask to swipe your card.

OP... You should make every reasonable attempt to pay your bill. Not doing so, is equivalent to theft in my opinion.

Wookie. Just out of curiosity, where do serial killers rate on your list?

And yes I strongly agree the op should make it right.

Wookie. Just out of curiosity, where do serial killers rate on your list?

And yes I strongly agree the op should make it right.
They are just misunderstood. :)

I stayed in a hotel and they found the guy in the next room dead as a doornail face down in a bowl of Cheerios.

They suspected a cereal killer

@Slym -
  1. Do the right thing!
  2. Call the resort.
  3. Apologize for the oversight.
  4. Pay for the souvenirs.
  5. Delete this post so no one will know you even had this question.
  6. Change your username so that no one who has seen this post will remember who you are.
  7. Quickly!

So I had made it right after finding out that charges were attempted after talking to the bank.

I thought it would be a pretty interesting conversation starter, and it makes me really happy to see how many people are honest. When I first googled the question it was amazing to see how many people said to take the money and run. it was quite the incredible amount. Now I would be lying if I said that it didn't cross my mind to try as is only human to look out for yourself, but I wouldn't have been comfortable with the idea (which the whole thought led me to see what other people would do given the same circumstance)

This has been the highlight of my week seeing that everybody took the same route I did! :)

Back
Top Bottom