Mooring balls at Molokini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Speaking of mooring balls.....
Do any mooring balls at Molokini get assigned to any operators? I used to tie my boat to any free mooring ball along reef's end - no problem. Once I made the mistake of tying up over in the shallow water near the big cats - and got blessed out by one of the larger operators claiming we were moored on "their ball". Was it? I didn't mind moving so they could drop the tourists there - but I didn't like the demanding attutude. They didn't off me a hamburger or mai tai as compensation either :depressed:

Mark

Thanks Kris...by the way...How do you like all those spelling errors in this document? Does anyone from DBOR even proof read this stuff?! Our tax dollars at work....and I thought it was funny that Maui Dive Shop had a sign out in front of their shop that had the spelling of Molokini wrong! Sheese!

Thanks Kris...by the way...How do you like all those spelling errors in this document? Does anyone from DBOR even proof read this stuff?! Our tax dollars at work....and I thought it was funny that Maui Dive Shop had a sign out in front of their shop that had the spelling of Molokini wrong! Sheese!
Haha... I didn't read it thoroughly enough this time to pick up on those. I had seen it before so was just looking for the reference.

Oh, and as you've noted recently... it's not so much "our" tax dollars as *your* tax dollars... SUCKAH! :D

Kris, whatever you spend here puts some tax money into the State coffers, so at least a small part of it is your tax dollars at work :)

Kris, whatever you spend here puts some tax money into the State coffers, so at least a small part of it is your tax dollars at work :)
Well, ok... I guess what I was trying to make fun of was that I'm officially back in Canada now, and will only be visiting Hawaii occasionally. :D

Back
Top Bottom