Montreal Bachelor Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I plan bachelor parties here in Montreal for tourists. I am also an avid diver but know nothing about diving in Montreal. Recently I've gotten a request from a client asking if there was any diving day trip they could for for their bachelor party in July. They would have to be back in Downtown for the rest of festivities..

OR

I know the Olympic stadium has diving pool, can you rent it out? Also do you have to be cert. to dive the pool? Could they do a DSD type thing? May be cool for future clients...

Any cool ideas are greatly appreciated!

the group bleeb mentioned isn't the only group with access to the pool, but they do control that access. I know of at least one dive shop that has a dive there at least once a month during the winter months, so I imagine the pool can be rented out. Whether I'd recommend it or not depends on your big your groups are, cause the pool can get crowded if you have too many.

Contact my son David, he works with Stoni & Marie-Eve that run Einstein Scuba. They're downtown.

David's a bachelor (and soon to be uncle!) that's 20 yrs old & a DM.

There are some nice diving places around Montreal, w/o having to drive as far out as the Brockville or Kingston area.

Though diving in Ontario to get out of the FQAS "law" might be necessary for out of town divers. Lock 21 in the St-Lawrence.

I dive in the canals West of Montreal, in Pointe-des-Cascades, and in the Valleyfield/Coteau-du-Lac area (lac St-Francois, requires FQAS, boat dives not shore).

There are some shore/drift dives in the Valleyfield area. Not sure someone wants to walk w/gear back to the car 1-2 kms.

For the Olympic pool, best bet is their onsite service, as it includes the air tanks.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2012 at 02:40 PM ----------

Possibly the nicer dives, other than the St-Lawrence between the QC/ONT border & Kingston, or the St-Lawrence in the Rimouski / Les Escoumins area, would be Lake Champlain, on the US side.

Otherwise it's a canal or a quarry.

Though I'd like to do Lac des Castors on Mt-Royal just for fun, but it's not deep enough. The artificial lake in La Ronde could be used - should be used - it's quite useless.

There are plenty of Dive shops and charters that run morning charters on the weekend in the brockville area which means he would be able to get back to montreal for 3pm or so.

I think his best bet would be to do a DSD since non divers could then join. As part of the DSD course they wouldn't need a FQAS permit either. I know the olympic pool has been rented out by other dive shops in the past but i'm not sure they will rent out the pool to a group. Best thing to do would be to call them. Just remember that a DSD course would require an instructor be present and be limited in depth so they wouldn't be able to use the entire olympic pool.

If the entire group is open water certified call around the different dive shops and see if they will run an adventure dive course with his group. This way they can also get past the FQAS permit since they would be on a course and the permit is not required for courses. Just remember that the group size would be limited by the number of instructors present.

Just remember that any diving done in quebec requires that the diver have a fqas permit whether it be on a charter, from shore or in a pool. The only way to get past this would be to be on a course.

Back
Top Bottom