Monthly Vacation Rental in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrafCanuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I have been going to Bonaire since 2018, excluding 2020 & 2021. We are now both retired and would like to spend a month on the island early in 2022. Ideally we are looking for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and either on the ocean or at least with ocean views. Preference is to be within a 30 minute walk of downtown with a dive shop (e.g DFB) nearby. We've stayed at Divi, Captain Don's and Buddy Dives but would prefer a non-resort feel. Any suggestions?

My wife and I have been going to Bonaire since 2018, excluding 2020 & 2021. We are now both retired and would like to spend a month on the island early in 2022. Ideally we are looking for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and either on the ocean or at least with ocean views. Preference is to be within a 30 minute walk of downtown with a dive shop (e.g DFB) nearby. We've stayed at Divi, Captain Don's and Buddy Dives but would prefer a non-resort feel. Any suggestions?
Most of the places on VRBO will discount for extended stays. Find something you like and ask whats the best they can do for the month you are looking at.

My wife and I have been going to Bonaire since 2018, excluding 2020 & 2021. We are now both retired and would like to spend a month on the island early in 2022. Ideally we are looking for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and either on the ocean or at least with ocean views. Preference is to be within a 30 minute walk of downtown with a dive shop (e.g DFB) nearby.
'La Elegancia' and 'Playa Lechi' are apartment condominium buildings on the ocean just south of DFB Yellow Sub. They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that you can see on VRBO or on the local real estate websites. It's an easy 20 minute walk into Kralendijk and far enough out of town that it isn't noisy. We really enjoy the area and will be back in Feb 2022.

You can also check with the local realtors or rental companies. Two that come to mind - BonaireComfortRentals.com and SunRentalsBonaire.com. Looking forward to retiring and being able to take a month there.

'La Elegancia' and 'Playa Lechi' are apartment condominium buildings on the ocean just south of DFB Yellow Sub. They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that you can see on VRBO or on the local real estate websites. It's an easy 20 minute walk into Kralendijk and far enough out of town that it isn't noisy. We really enjoy the area and will be back in Feb 2022.
I stayed at Playa Lechi with some friends this last July, was a very nice place. The penthouse apartment has three bedrooms.

You can also check with the local realtors or rental companies. Two that come to mind - BonaireComfortRentals.com and SunRentalsBonaire.com. Looking forward to retiring and being able to take a month there.
islandtimebonaire.com and harbourtimebonaire.com are a couple of other possibilities. I have seen the exact same property for slightly cheaper from the local agency than on VRBO or Air B&B since the fees on those sites are avoided.

islandtimebonaire.com and harbourtimebonaire.com are a couple of other possibilities. I have seen the exact same property for slightly cheaper from the local agency than on VRBO or Air B&B since the fees on those sites are avoided.
We rented through island time, for a ten day stay, they were great to work with, they had us do everything thru bank transfers instead of credit cards, a bit outside of our comfort zone at the time but it worked out fine.

Back
Top Bottom