Monthly Accomodations on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltySpit

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for decent budget accomodations on Koh Tao that have good monthly or even weekly rates. I am headed to Koh Tao (hopefully) in April to do a DM course and possibly IDC, so obviously I plan to be there for a while...at least 2 months. Does any one have any suggestions or contacts?

And before you ask...No, I don't know where I will be doing my courses at. I have a few in mind, but I plan to do a few fun dives with them to get a better feel, and I plan on obtaining a motorbike (or a bicycle if the island is not too difficult to travel by bike). Also, any suggestions on obtaining this type of transportation?

Thanks.

It's better to wait until you are there. Most of the long-stay rooms are run by private (Thai) landlords. It's pretty easy to source a room by word-of-mouth once you arrive on Koh Tao... it is is sensible to find out first where you will be diving.

When you get to Koh Tao, have a look around the two main streets in Mae Haad (where ferry piers are), as there are cheaper rooms there. Also, check out some of the rooms available along the beach road immediately to the right of the piers. Those are normally the cheapest options for a week or so... whilst you find a longer term rental.

There are many longterm spots around but the easiest to find are long terms rooms in guest houses and resorts...these start from around 6000B per month. I would suggest you check them out when you are here - facilities do vary so wander around and choose which suits you best...

Long Terms

If you are wanting more of a house style then these are harder to come by as they are rented by longtermers here.....one comes free when someone leave yet people might be in them for years...most people start with something simple like the above and then they might get to hear of others coming up the longer then spend here and the more people they meet.

I live here so shout if you need any more help or info...

Ayesha

It's easier and better to just find a long term place to stay once you get on the island. Also unless you plan on only staying right within the Sairee beach area the bicycle is not practical. There are some serious hills on Koh Tao. Even just going the main road from Sairee to Mea Haad is very impractical to do on a bicylce. SO unless you're Lance Armstrong just plan on getting a motor bike. Have fun, Koh Tao is an awesome place.

Thanks for the info...actually, on the suggestion from Devon in an earlier post I made a last minute change to my itinerary by booking a flight to Sabah, Malaysia on Borneo. Although, I still plan to head to Koh Tao at some point in my trip...I imagine that I might end up doing my DM there instead of Koh Tao. But, who knows? I am terrible at making decisions. haha.

Thanks again for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom