Montgomery AlabamaDive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For any of you Alabama (or west Georgia for that matter) divers that want to dive Pelham, and can't make it tomorrow, my family is diving Blue Water Adventures again the 21st of August. Darrell if you can make it the 21st there will be five of us diving and another would buddy us up nicely. Also, if anyone would like to join us Labor Day weekend (that Sunday to be exact) we will be diving with Emerald Coast Scuba out of Destin. Let's make it an Alabama (okay Auburn fans are welcome too) trip.

Ron

Great advice from Mike. I will be doing at least one day at the St. Andrews jettys in August. Any of you newer divers are welcome to tag along if you like.

Thanks for the infor a Deep Dixe forum. I'll check it out. My family and I dove ABWA today. The air temp was 98 degrees, but bottom temp at 70 feet was 54. Vis below the thermocline was about 10 feet. We hade two dives and had a blast.

Thanks for the infor a Deep Dixe forum. I'll check it out. My family and I dove ABWA today. The air temp was 98 degrees, but bottom temp at 70 feet was 54. Vis below the thermocline was about 10 feet. We hade two dives and had a blast.

we were there as well. Certified 3 new divers. We had decent vis by the fire truck and on the way back to the dock. We were at 30 to 40 ft. went deeper earlier but since someone was in a shorty we stayed above the thermocline.

You must have been the group on the back side that was just getting out of the water when we got there. Having dived ABWA several times I knew the water was cold but asked a couple of young guys in shorties if they got cold. The answer was in the affirmative!

Ron

The 21st sounds like a great plan to me. I will be on-call, but I can get someone to cover for a few hours while we dive... I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here, I have been a little tied up with work and helping organize the March of Dimes motorcycle ride to Talladega Super Speedway that will be taking off in just a few hours. So on that note I should hit the rack. See you guys on the 21st!
Thanks,
-Darrell

We will be at ABW this weekend. Probably won't get there until after lunch though. We are bringing our kids to complete JOW diver certs. I think we will also have one adult certifying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom