Montgomery AlabamaDive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I just joined this message board. I was certified recently and finally got enough cash to get some gear, and now I am itching to go diving. However, none of my friends are into diving. I was scheduled for a boat trip in the gulf a few weeks ago, but it was cancelled due to the oil slick... I am trying to find a dive buddy that might be interested in doing some diving, locally. Maybe the quarry up in Pelham, it is close and looks like it might be a fun dive. Let me know, I have some time I can take off from work.
Thanks,
Other Brother
(Darrell Smith)

Hi,
I am new to this board too. I will be certified soon and can't wait for more dives. I don't have friends that dive and would like to find buddies. I live in Decatur and have been looking at that quarry. I would love to dive together sometime.

Pelham is a long drive for me, but Morrison/Vortex springs are a long drive for you. Maybe not quite as long. I'm in Eufaula. It's possible we may be able to do some dives at some point.

I will be off call again the weekend of July 17th and 18th. Vortex is not a bad drive for me. I will try to call and reserve a camp site for me & my family, if you want to meet up down at Vortex, we can drive down to Morrison from there is only 10 minutes or so... Let me know.

Hi,
I just joined this message board. I was certified recently and finally got enough cash to get some gear, and now I am itching to go diving. However, none of my friends are into diving. I was scheduled for a boat trip in the gulf a few weeks ago, but it was cancelled due to the oil slick... I am trying to find a dive buddy that might be interested in doing some diving, locally. Maybe the quarry up in Pelham, it is close and looks like it might be a fun dive. Let me know, I have some time I can take off from work.
Thanks,
Other Brother
(Darrell Smith)

I'm at ABWA in Pelham most weekends when I'm not on vacation. There are usually people there looking for dive buddies. I've dove the quarry with many a new diver and would be happy to buddy up for a dive or two.

Well, I never heard back from Wayward... So I am not going all the way to Ponce de Leon FL next weekend. DOCC, are you going to be at ABWA on July 17th? If so, send me a PM and let's hook up.

I'm at ABWA in Pelham most weekends when I'm not on vacation. There are usually people there looking for dive buddies. I've dove the quarry with many a new diver and would be happy to buddy up for a dive or two.

Now thats the kind of diver I appreciate. One who is willing to work with newbies :) It seems hard to find people like that these days. Also hi to all the Alabamans on here. I used to live there years ago and miss that beautiful state :)

Id be interested to hear more about Pelhams dive park myself too!

Darrell and others Alabama divers,

I'm from Opelika and dive several springs in FL and ABWA in Pelham, along with the Gulf. In fact, my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and I are diving there Sunday (ABWA). If anyone would like to join us, let's plan a meeting time. Diving with new divers is no problem as long as you don't mind sharing a buddy. For those of you that have not been to ABWA it's a good dive site as far as quarries go. Lots to see. There is usually good visibility, but beware of the thermoclines! Below 30 feet the water starts to get cold! It is definately a 5mm or better dive with gloves and hood even in the July and August heat. Let me know about Sunday if anyone wants to join us.

Ron

Hey, I live close Enterprise. Maybe after my refresher. We can meet up somewhere and dive.

I'll be in Pelham on Sunday. But can't join in. I'll be doing DM candidate work.

For those that don't dive Pelham much. I recommend only putting your wetsuit to the waist until you're in the water. you can finish up on the in-water platform and prevent overheating.

There are a few of us from Maxwell trying to get a local dive club going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom