Montery dive Thursday 7-16-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.Fluffy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey guys, couple quick questions.

1) can someone give me an idea of current conditions around Monterey? water temps and vis? (hey, if you can see better than 10' I will be happy!!)

2) anyone know of dive charter that runs on Thursdays?
3) in the event of (no to #2), any good places to put in other than breakwater!!??

I lived in sacto for 10 yrs and got my ow cert there and aow cert in Monterey then moved to Texas to dive in .....puddles....sure is murky!

i figure if i just can't make it to monterey, then tahoe will be a close second.

going back to sacto for a week get-a-way and I am making a special one day dive Thursday morning either in monterey or tahoe.

Conditions have been awesome the last several days. Can't say if they will hold out till Thursday. I often see the Beach Hopper II and Monterey Express going out on weekdays. Give them a shout and see if they have any charters available for 7-16. Good luck and save diving to you!

Paula

I'm with PK. I was lucky enough to be out on Tuesday with Don, and vis was 40+ft, with absolutely flat, calm water above and below the surface.

It takes a little to learn to read, but it's worth spending some time figuring out Chuck's monterey conditions/predictions page: Monterey Sea Conditions at a Glance

What it says at this moment is that things are looking absolutely stellar right now and throughout the weekend! Go dive!!

Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking forward to getting back to the coast for a while now. All of our lakes around here are drying up so it makes diving a bit of a challenge. Reminds me of back in 07 when Folsom lake was pretty much closed to boaters as all the ramps didn't extend far enoung into the water! lol As of right now, most of the lakes around me are down some 30'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom