Monterey Pics 9-7-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Meager pickings this week. First one strobe stopped working, fallout from my previous flood I suspect. I played with it at home and it's working again. Then the ttl failed. I think there was some moisture on the contacts. All my shots were too light or too dark, then the sync didn't work right and the rest were all black. Here are some I saved.

A Sand Dab
P9070002-01cropsm.jpg

A Blue Rockfish
P9070012-01sm.jpg

A Gopher Rockfish
P9070018-01sm.jpg

Scavengers picking at the remains of a Mola definned by a Sea Lion
P9070023-01sm.jpg

A Limacia Cockerelli with a Purple Ringtop Snail
P9070028-01cropsm.jpg

We also serve who sit and wait.
P9070034-01cropsm.jpg

Great shots Larry. The first one is a great find in my opinion. And I love the last picture of the "captain" and guardian of the boat.

Thanks Steve. I think I have more trouble with those darned Sand Dabs then just about anything else I've tried. They blend so well and the sand is usually very reflective so you end up with a white out and you can't see the critter. Actually, Otter is the first mate. Carol is the Captain!

Very nice.

Fabulous Larry!! #3 should be an icon for Monterey diving, and the ringtop+cockerelli is absolutely beautiful!
++Ken++

PS I gave up even trying on sand dabs, they are so damn difficult. They always just look like sand in my photos. But your image makes me reconsider trying again. Great shot. :)

Thanks Dennis, Andy and Ken. Ken, I felt the same way about the Sand Dabs but I'm stubborn. I took two pics of this one. The first was a blowout, with too much sand reflection. The second one, I pointed the strobes up and out, so I'd just get diffused light. I still had to add contrast, but it's the best one I've done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom