Monterey Pics 4-6-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
These were taken at Ballbuster. Mostly I followed the poor little Red Octopus around and harassed him for good poses. He didn't squirt and hide, so I guess he didn't mind too much.

P4060132-01pssm.jpg

P4060135-01pssm.jpg

P4060138-01pssm.jpg

Sculpin

P4060162-01sm.jpg

Chestnut Cowries

P4060151-01cropsm.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics Larry. Beautiful as always!:wink:

Are you hoping to get a housing for your D300 anytime soon?

Thanks Mike, Zen, Jim. It was nice to have a couple of days of good conditions to shoot pictures in after 3 months of blown out green sludge!

Are you hoping to get a housing for your D300 anytime soon?

Probably won't happen for a while, Zen. A couple of thousand for dedicated UW lenses, and about $5K for housing and ports are competing with the tax man (just wrote a $12K check, OUCH!) and our warm water trips (Utila, Woo hoo!/Wife going to Coz during my teaching time). If I wanted to go Ike, I could pare down the housing/port cost by $3K, but then I'd need another $2K in dedicated strobes, cause my Sea & Sea's won't mesh well with Ike's controls, and I don't want to chuck the P & S entirely or buy an Ike housing for it, just to share strobes.

Great photos Larry!

Sweet pics Larry :)

Thanks Steen, Ken, Diver and Peter. I hope to post some more from the second dive, but I haven't had time to do them yet, plus I'm kinda scared to open them. The port fogged on me while the camera box was in the Sun on the boat during our SI. Couldn't figure out why the focus was so off until I turned the housing over and couldn't see the lens. It cleared later and hopefully I can salvage some.

Back
Top Bottom