Monterey Pics 3-22-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Finally! Back in the water, with my shoulder and my camera both working. Any dive is a good dive. This picture is not a bad picture and has no backscatter. This is my son Matt (six dives out of open water) and my wife Carol doing a green water ascent from 80 ft. when we just couldn't find the anchor. This is what it really looked like to me from three feet away.
P3220013-01sm.jpg

The resident Fringehead, back in his pipe at the Steam Engine, now that his pipe is unplugged and back in place. (Thank you, John Yasaki)
P3220038-01sm.jpg

The Steam Engine
P3220034-01sm.jpg

A nice Bryozoan
P3220007-01sm.jpg

San Diego Dorid
P3220029-01sm.jpg

Hey the Oly SP350 King is back! ...and shooting just as well. Wow Pea soup....but I bet you were thrilled to just be there.

Thanks Ken, Jeff, Andy, Gary and Kapula. Good to be back. Now if I can just shake this darned cold. Two weeks and a day so far. This weekend I was taking about 10 minutes to drop, by the time I cleared my ears, and worrying the whole time about reverse block. Can't hear a thing right now, my ears are so clogged up.
With all that green, the conditions have been like night diving. You drop below a 60 foot layer and finally find about 10-20 feet of vis, then get out your light and go searching. Of course, we keep getting reports of "Wow, the water looks great today!" on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Saw a really cool Jellyfish today, (Scrippsis Pacificus?) I am trying to remember from the book I looked at after the dive. Couldn't get a decent pic, as it was at 10 feet, where the layer was so thick that I lost Carol five feet away during the safety stop. Couldn't even get the thing in the viewfinder, so I just aimed and shot blind. It was half off the page and not enough contrast to even see what it looked like. I'll try to process one or two from today and post them later. I only got in one 40 minute dive (99 feet) with more than half of it spend descending and ascending before I gave up on my ears. I think a couple came out OK, though. Vis was stellar at the bottom, maybe 35 feet, but man was it dark.

Yeah, Gio, I think he was trying to tell me that I wasn't getting his good side. He wanted a three quarter from the right to minimize the difference in his left and right cirri. He probably also was a little annoyed with being blinded by a flash 8 inches from his face.

Cool shots, Larry! The Blenny is really cute and the #1 shot looks kinda scary! Hehe... :D

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom