Monterey Pics 1-31-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here are a few from our last day out. Both dives were on the shale, Anchors 2 & 3 and Shale Island. Hopefully, the next set will be with the D300. Just picked up a used Sea & Sea housing, and plan to start with the std. flat port for my AF-D 60 micro.

Tritonia Festiva
P1310002-01cropsm.jpg

Pair of Cadlina Leuteomarginata
P1310004-01cropsm.jpg

Cadlina Modesta ? (Could be Cadlina Sparsa)
P1310005-01cropsm.jpg

Doris Odhneri
P1310027-01cropsm.jpg

Doris Montereyensis
P1310021-01cropsm.jpg

Hermit Crab
P1310012-01cropsm.jpg

Tube Hermit Crab
P1310014-01cropsm.jpg

Adolescent Male Kelp Greenling
P1310030-01cropsm.jpg

Coralline Sculpin
P1310033-01cropsm.jpg

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Nice. Kinda makes me miss diving in Monterey. :) What was the water temp?

It's been 54f the last couple of weeks.

I especially like those white nudi shots Larry.

The last time I was in 54 degree water was when I got certified in San Diego in 1987 :D

Thanks, Jim. I find the white ones the hardest to shoot. I usually blow them out, and have trouble getting good detail. I tried a different strobe angle this time and it seemed to work pretty well. Thanks, Fuggler and AE3753 as well.
Jim, we went down to San Diego over the winter break year before last to dive, and spent a week in motels, never setting foot in the water. They had waves breaking across the pedestrian bridge over the kiddie pool in La Jolla. Looked like Waimea Bay on a rough day. (I was on Oahu with the Cal wrestling team in '71-also over winter break-and we drove up to Waimea while they were supposed to be having the big surfing contest. It looked like a lake!) I guess the Pacific doesn't like me to enjoy vacations.

Nice pics. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your Nikon!

Thanks. I have a feeling there's going to be a serious learning curve. I've been using the little Oly so long I don't even have to think about the camera. I just click to the setting I want and line up the shot. Hope I can find the shutter lever on the Nikon! I imagine I'll do what I did with the Oly-start with some auto settings and let the camera shoot, then see which pics came out best and set my manual stuff to match.

Thanks, Ben, as well.

Cool pics Larry !!! Good luck with the Nikon, look forward to the images.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom