Monterey Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anti-Hero

Contributor
Reaction score
We're on our way to Monterey as I type this, I've been looking at the swell info on CT's site, and it looks like the conditions aren't the best they've been in a while. Does anyone have any reports for today? Or any suggestions on where the best diving might be?

Thanks!

If you're not already there yet, stay inside the bay. Lover's Point is always a good choice when conditions are questionable. It has a very sheltered beach entry and the vis will be as good there as any of the neighboring sites. It's not that deep though, so the surge may be an issue, unless you don't mind swimming out a ways.

I know Aquarius on Del Monte has a conditions hot line. Granted its only as accurate as the reports they get.

Dive Conditions Line: (831)657-1020

We went to McAbee today and it was horrible. Between the godawful surge and less than 10 foot viz, we only stayed down for a little over 20 minutes. After that we went to the pipeline and had a much better dive, though viz halfway out to the Metridium field around 30 feet or so was only 20 feet at best. The surge was still going clear out there, too, though not as bad as closer in. Surf was a bit nasty, especially getting out.

For what it's worth.

We just dove the wall at the breakwater. According to a couple other divers, the vis was ~20 ft. however as we were getting in, the tide was going out so that got the water clouded up a bit. I'd say it was about 10 ft. vis, and moderate surge until about 40 ft.

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Back
Top Bottom