Monterey/Carmel pics 12-21-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here are a few from this weekend. Cold and rainy, but flat seas and relatively good vis underneath.

First dive, Shale Island off Del Monte Beach in Monterey

Once again, we had one or two Sea Nettles
PC210030-01sm.jpg

A few Nudies

Peltodoris Nobilis in a bed of Corynactis
PC210018-01sm.jpg

Cadlina Flavomaculata
PC210021-01cropsm.jpg

Diaulula Sandiegensis
PC210028-01cropsm.jpg

The usual rockfish were hanging out

Vermillion Rockfish
PC210009-01sm.jpg

Copper Rockfish and a few friends
PC210004-01sm.jpg

The meeting is called to order
PC210008-01sm.jpg

Is this what they call being mooned?
PC210043-01sm.jpg

Second Dive, Carmel Ridge

A Painted Greenling
PC210052-01cropsm.jpg

The White Spotted Rose Anemone was a little shy
PC210054-01sm.jpg

A Banded Shrimp
PC210059-01cropsm.jpg

Larry, in the picture of your dive buddy, is that a modification on the Princeton Tec dive light? I have the same light and am curious as to any improvements that could be had! As always, great shots!

Thanks Ken, MoO and Coll. Coll, the light is just a std. Princeton-tec 3 LED dive light. She lost the rubber boot on the lens, so it looks a little odd is all. It's about done due to corrosion inside, so she's thinking about a canister light to replace it.

Great shots! 4 weeks since I have been in your local waters is way too long. Your photos have me ready for short road trip next month! Can not wait! Thank you for posting the photos.

Very nice shots!
For the first course we'll be serving "Peltodoris Nobilis in a bed of Corynactis"....

Thanks Blair. Stop by and say hi. You can pretty much always find us in the Breakwater parking lot if we're not out on the water.

Very nice shots!
For the first course we'll be serving "Peltodoris Nobilis in a bed of Corynactis"....
Mmmmm...tastes like sea lemon! Thanks RTW.

Larry.
I must say I have taught you well.....:D
Couldn't have done it without you! Where've you been, Jim? Haven't heard that unique voice around the Breakwater lately. Even when diving sucks, it still beats working! (except of course when diving IS working, and even then it's better than REAL work.)

Back
Top Bottom