Monterey and/or Point Lobos anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

Here I sit with three days of Vacation scheduled and a cancelled 3 day Channel Island trip.

So I am trying to see if I can get any interest from anyone to dive in Monterey area this week/weekend.

I see Point Lobos is open tomorrow, 6/27 and Friday 6/29.

I am open to any one of those days or open to anywhere in the Monterey area to dive between 6/27 and 6/30.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in diving with me!

Thanks,

Keith

Amazing you can get 75 views and not a buddy around... :-(

So glad to have a great deal for a 2 tank dive out of Monterey from BeachHopper II...

Thanks fror looking!

Keith

Amazing you can get 75 views and not a buddy around... :-(

So glad to have a great deal for a 2 tank dive out of Monterey from BeachHopper II...

Thanks fror looking!

Keith

I'll be at the northern end of Monastery Beach on Saturday by 7:30AM. The WAM shows flat seas so it looks to be a walk in / walk out exit. If conditions change and we have to crawl out of Monastery, then I head back toward Monterey. Sorry, I'm too old/lazy to crawl anymore and it's just plain not fun. I have to be back in San Jose by 2:30PM so I have to bolt no later than 1:00PM.

Claude

Sorry to see your Channel Islands trip cancelled. I've been trying to get on a Truth Aquatics trip for early August and its full. Oh well...
As for the weekend, I work my butt off. Otherwise I'd love to join you. I put in a few dives Sunday and Monday. Vis was bad the deeper we went. Monday worked well staying shallow. At least at Lovers Point and Breakwater, 20-25ft deep. I dove Macabee this evening and had 15 to 20+ vis. around 30ft depth. Tide was pushing up and had some great life to see. Had a harbor seal hang with us for a time as well. Swell has been small. Some surge shallow but not bad. Saturday could be very calm. Carmel will be the call. Hope you have a good weekend!

Monastery was flat yesterday with just an occasional ankle slapper... I dove Lobos. Vis at Hole in the Wall was 30 and opening as you went deeper

531459_10150882672000496_1474589834_n.jpg

Sorry. I'd a ponied up but am not available till Sunday.

Keith, I wish I could have gone with you. If you need a buddy for the Monterey/Carmel area try the "Greater Bay Area Scuba Lovers Meetup" I've dove with a number of very good buddies from this group.

I ended up going to Monterey and had a two tank dive on the Beach Hopper II on Friday, first boat dives and it was great! Giant strides off the back deck. Visibility was ~20'.

Then on Saturday I hooked up with a diver off of ScubaBoard and he had a 16' zodiac we launched in Pebble Beach at Stillwater Cove. Epic diving conditions. Back rolls off the pontoons. We did one dive at South Monastrey, 45' vis maybe two foot swells... Second dive was in Stillwater cove, maybe a little less vis but great. A couple of swim throughs, some of my best dives yet! You could have water skied on that second dive it was so calm.

Keith

Last edited:
Good diving with you Keith! We did indeed have some epic surface conditions and the visibility was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom