Monitor 2+ battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netmystar

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
have a Monitor 2+ computer that needs the battier replaced its is not a user replaceable battier but it looks like a simple job the battery is encased in some sort of gel so it looks like all you have to do is remove the gel re-solder new battery and re gel battery

My question is does any one now what the gel is and if you can get it

have a Monitor 2+ computer that needs the battier replaced its is not a user replaceable battier but it looks like a simple job the battery is encased in some sort of gel so it looks like all you have to do is remove the gel re-solder new battery and re gel battery

My question is does any one now what the gel is and if you can get it

There are a few threads on the subject including this one which has supplier and part info for the goop you're after.
Last time i checked you had to buy in large sizes and the cost exceeded the professional replacement cost.
The magic about this particular goop - technically potting compound - is that it allows for relatively painless retrieval and is neutral PH. That said, many have used plain old clear silicon of various types with good results. The caveats are that many of them are mildly acidic when cured and future retrievals may be more challenging.
To the first point, the battery compartment is isolated from the rest of the computer and i haven't had or heard of problems owing to the acidity. To the second point - removing the potting and battery should be slow and deliberate anyway. If you break or cut one of the wires you're done.
Hope this helps

can anyone tell me where to excatly to get the potting mix
to reseal a battery for my m2
i would prefer usign the same kind potting mix that was originaly in it ,

FFH....that's just it, you have to buy bulk at several hundred $. Your only DIY option is regular silicone.

Back
Top Bottom