Monday's (Oct. 4) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
billboard.gif

VIEW PHOTOS

Thanks for the evening dive.

Thanks....I needed that!

You really must have done something tremendously right in a previous life!

Great pictures! As usual.
What is a helicon noise filter?

Joe

scubajoe:
Great pictures! As usual.
What is a helicon noise filter?

Joe

It is a software (freeware) program that I use to remove digital noise from photos. The no-strobe shots are usually taken at a distance or with a wide angle lens. They tend to have "digital noise" that is more detectable in the clear water areas. After adjusting the pic in Photoshop I adjust it in the Helicon software and it usually helps clear up most of the noise. The program tends to soften the photo so I re-open it in Photoshop to see if it needs some additional sharpening. There are better programs (not free) out there that have plug-ins for cameras by brand names and models but I am satisfied with the Helicon one. I posted a comparison of a photo with and without HERE.

You can download it from their site HERE
The purchase program also takes out red-eye as well as make some other adjustments.

If you don't purchase either the "Home" or "Pro" version within 30 days it automatically becomes the free version which only corrects digital noise.

Back
Top Bottom