Monday's (12/29) Maui dive photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Bicolor Anthias, Bluehead Butterflyfish & Big-Scale Soldierfish at 70 feet.

122903.jpg

Manual Mode, F7.0, 1/80, Macro, Inon D-180 Strobe

Wow, the color is really enhanced with the strobe.Gilligan, you are setting the bar awfully high for us newbies....

BTW, how do you post the photo so it shows up in the post instead of a link to the photo? I tried a few posts but even when I save it as a low quality jpg, the size is huge and it does not display like your does.

Mahalo

WOW !!! your Pictures just keep getting better. Great one

rad21 Dee covered some of this in her post which is the first thread in this category. If I am not mistaken it all depends on where you host your pic. Many sites will not support "imbedded" but instead the link. I am using 600 X 450 @ 72dpi on "high" in Photoshop but I am hosting the pic on my kayakdiver.com website which is with PowWeb. Apparently they support "imbedded".

PS: I am liking this strobe. Today was the third day under with it.

Gilligan you just kill me with these pics..... I'm over here trying to plan a vacation to see what you see just about everyday or anyday you want.......

You could plan a vacation to visit my area...we got traffic...all different kinds of cars to look at, license plates to read as your going 5mph, the weather is crappy 9 months out of the year, the 3 months its not we have construction zones, the women are all bundled up in those 9 months so you cant see much, this is depressing..it really is.

When Sandy and I do a pool dive within the next few weeks, I think I am gonna post a trip report about it, just to feel like we went some where.

:(

Jep....I'm with ya, Man! For various reasons, Beast and I haven't been anywhere but local lakes since April. I've almost forgotten what salt water tastes like! Gilligan's daily photos are making the wait until April more tolerable. I'm tired of looking at my old stuff! The dive shop pool is starting to look really good.

Gilligan...I'm glad the new strobe is working out. Can you give us a review of it yet? I read about the stiff loc-line arm. It will loosen up, just don't do like I did and put spray silicone on it! What about the strobe itself? Easy to use. coverage you want, etc.?

Thanks for the daily photos!

jepuskar: Sorry, don't mean to depress you. I do believe that was you who visited my website and signed the guestbook. Many thanks for your comment.

Dee: I have only used the strobe 3 times so I don't want to say too much on it yet. It seems easy to use. I switch back and forth between the 4 manual settings and the 12 F stop settings that go with "Auto". I have the cameras flash set to -2.0 to save battery power. I don't think that interferes with the strobe. Thanks for the tip on not lubricating the loc-line. I am still deciding on how many couplings to use. More makes it easier to bend the arm. BTW I ordered all those loc-line parts from modularhose.com because they have them in black. The parts are fairly cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom