Moisture Munchers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReyeR once bubbled...
Do they fit well in the PT-015? And have you ever tried rejuvenating them out in an oven?
Thanks!

Yes...a perfect fit with the 5050. I slide a couple in under the bottom of the camera. Make sure it's totally in the housing and a corner of the packet doesn't get caught in the door....it's happened! :rolleyes:

I've rejuvenated them once in the oven. Set it at the lowest setting, spread out the packets on a lined cookie sheet and bake for a couple hours. It doesn't really get hot, just dries out the air. I tried a few in the microwave and even on the lowest defrost setting, the pouch material got scorched.

I slide a couple in under the bottom of the camera. Make sure it's totally in the housing and a corner of the packet doesn't get caught in the door....it's happened!
I think the instructions (albeit in Japanese) does say that you should slide the taped edge of the packet in first to avoid it getting caught between the o-rings. I could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere because I give everyone this advice when preparing the housing.... :rolleyes:
Thanks! Will order them today.

I just remembered another way to rejuvenate the packets. If you have a de-hydrator it should work like a champ. I use mine to make jerky and to dry fruit. The next time my packets need it, I'm trying this. Don't know why I didn't use it the first time.

Remember that these are the ones that change color, letting you know when they are saturated. I change them less often than I did the others having to guess when they needed changing.

I use mine to make jerky and to dry fruit.
Mini pads, jerky, dry fruit..... too much 'domestic science' for me :D. But you're right, it should work with the de-hydrator.
The ones I've ordered are the 2 gram packets shown here:
Now indicating

Yep....that's it. It's really nice having that clear strip in the packet to see what color the beads are. That's the main reason I started looking at these.

ReyeR once bubbled...

Dee, I have a friend coming over in Dec. so I was thinking of ordering a packet of 50 of the 2 gram packs from preservesmart. Do they fit well in the PT-015? And have you ever tried rejuvenating them out in an oven?
Thanks!

ReyeR, I don't think you really need to wait for your friend to come ove rin December. I ordered some stuff from them and they can ship to me via global priority for $1 more than their usual domestic 2nd day delivery. When I ordered, they just sent me an e-mail back a couple of days later to let me know the shipping charge. Very convienient.

Thanks ssra30, I've ordered it already. But it's good to know they can ship overseas for just a few dollars more. I'll do that next time.

Can't tell without seeing how much room there is between the camera and the housing. These packets are roughly 1" x 2" x1/8" thick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom