moisture muncher - sealife - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Got my new Sea Life Reefmaster Pro Set today. I followed all the instructions and took a couple of shots in the house without the housing on the camera...all went great! I put the camera in the housing, put the moisture muncher pack where it said to, closed up the camera and tried a test shot (in the house...no water yet). NOTHING!!! Took it back apart, put back together...still nothing (yes, the power is on!). So, I took out the moisture muncher closed everything back up and tried it...WORKED!!! Put moisture muncher back in....nothing. What am I doing wrong?! Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
Michelle
d56nut@yahoo.com

Michelle,

When you placed the moisture munchers in the housing, are the munchers preventing the shutter button from depressing all the way? Are you using the packets or the capsules?

There is no reason the munchers would cause the camera not to take pictures unless they are getting in the way of the functions of the camera buttons.

Let me know what you find out.

Jeff

I haven't had that problem with my Sealife Reefmaster dc 310 pro set that I bought about 4 days ago...but I did have a problem with mine...everytime I put the SD Memory card in mine it would quit working...remove the card and IT WORKS...I called Sealife and they were as confused as I was...I had to send my BRAND NEW camera back to them....call sealife...1-800-257-7742

Hi,

Well, I finally got it working. Put the muncher in a different spot and it worked fine! Thanks for the replies! Tried taking some pics...filled up the bathtub and took some pics of things like a can of soda, fin, snorkel, etc. Most turned out kind of yellow-y and/or blurry. I suppose it's If at First you don't succeed try try again!

Michelle

that the best solution to moisture in the housing is to load it in a nice, Air conditioned place (like your hotel room or house!) and DO NOT OPEN THE HOUSING UNTIL YOU ARE BACK ON DRY LAND!

This requires that you have enough storage in the camera, and enough battery power, to last through the dives of a day.

It also doesn't work on a liveaboard, but it might if there is decent A/C in the cabin spaces.

"Moisture munchers" are a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. Second, there is unsufficient active area in a "moisture muncher" to make a large enough, and rapid enough, difference in the humidity level to avoid condensation in most housings. Third, once used, these things have to be "recharged", and taking them out of the packaging on a dive boat immediately exposes them to very high RH - which they of course soak up until saturated, at which point they do nothing for you!

Finally, they will NOT help if you flood.

I'm not sold on their utility and don't use them myself, choosing instead to rely on better handling practices.

Back
Top Bottom