Modifying console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Would it be a good idea to cut off part of a console? I bought one that held 3 gauges but i am only using two since i have a wrist mounted computer. There arent any hoses going to the slot, its meant for a depth gauge.

I did it. I cut mine apart and made the console into two wrist mounts for my computer and compass, left the spg on the line. They weren't pretty but they were old. I used a good sharp knife, some tin snips (I think) and a soldering iron to "clean up" the rough edges after the fact.

I also have cut a few down to the SPG. I have considered putting the analog depth gauge in a small pocket since everything else is digital.

A different idea is, if you think you might get a backup computer at some point, an extra console slot is a handy place to keep it.

Don't cut it. Eventually you can just nail it to the side of an old barn or tree to provide a nesting site for small songbirds.

Don't cut it. Eventually you can just nail it to the side of an old barn or tree to provide a nesting site for small songbirds.

Actually, in most cases you don't have to cut. You can push the SPG out of its pocket, disconnect from the hose, then pull the hose out. Push the other gauges out and now you have your songbird nest. :)

can u buy bare console? and then fit what you want inside?

i have a zoop and a single spg. i want to get a bare console and then mount them in together..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom