Modified Apeks Dry Suit Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaatBoBoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi ScubaBoard!

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to modify a standard Apeks dry suit valve to accommodate a heated vest/undersuit/gloves power cable, just like the Santi Thermovalve.

I know that a special adapter could be used below the standard valve to free up some space for the cable, but I was curious about the possibility of modifying the standard valve.

It could be nice to share some ideas :)

Attachments

• 1478335.jpg
    1478335.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 88
  • download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 77
Mate I make stuff but for this I would work a few extra hours and buy stuff

or if I was going to make something it would be a battery pack pad thing for inside the suit or something

Mate I make stuff but for this I would work a few extra hours and buy stuff

or if I was going to make something it would be a battery pack pad thing for inside the suit or something
I wouldn't like to have the battery inside my drysuit... Totally understand what you are saying!

Do you prefer the Thermovalve or the under-valve spacer to be used in conjunction with the standard inflation valve?

Attachments

• santi-drysuitconnector.jpg
    santi-drysuitconnector.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 73
I use an integrated valve without swivel (LightMonkey, though it’s similar to the SFTech one). The stacking cap adds bulk that I didn’t care for. Alternatively, you could use of the LM throughports and punch the hole inside of a pocket or under the telescoping torso flap.

I use an integrated valve without swivel (LightMonkey, though it’s similar to the SFTech one). The stacking cap adds bulk that I didn’t care for. Alternatively, you could use of the LM throughports and punch the hole inside of a pocket or under the telescoping torso flap.
Thank your for the suggestion! The idea of the throughport is really interesting.

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to modify a standard Apeks dry suit valve to accommodate a heated vest/undersuit/gloves power cable, just like the Santi Thermovalve.

I know that a special adapter could be used below the standard valve to free up some space for the cable, but I was curious about the possibility of modifying the standard valve.
No way. Too little "meat" to install cable gland. Trust me - i've made DIY cable gland spacer for my Apeks.

No way. Too little "meat" to install cable gland. Trust me - i've made DIY cable gland spacer for my Apeks.
I gave up the idea of modifying the Apeks valve, no way of doing that in a clean way...

Thank you for the feedback :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom