Mod please delete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is NOT possible to do so. You MUST be on Trimix for all 4 dives for the Trimix certification, whereas Extended Range ONLY uses Air, Nitrox, and Oxygen as breathing media. There is no credit across these two courses offered by TDI since 2018.

Here are the course requirements:

Extended Range
1. Four dives with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 minutes
2. All dives must be deeper than 30 metres / 100 feet with 2 dives deeper than 40 metres / 130 feet
3. A maximum of 2 dives from Advanced Wreck course may be credited towards the total dives required, at the instructor’s discretion

Trimix
1. Four decompression dives using trimix as bottom gas are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 minutes
2. Two of the dives should be deeper than 40 metres / 130 feet.
3. A maximum of 2 dives from the Advanced Wreck course may be credited towards the total dives required, at the instructor’s discretion

Hope this helps.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

@Ryan H I'm not sure why you decided to edit your posts and request the thread be deleted. Sometimes we'll delete threads that were made by mistake if there are no posts by others, but this is not the case here. @Omisson already gave a thoughtful response to your question.

Edit to add: oh, I misunderstood, I did not realize is a duplicate of this thread: TDI XR to TDI Trimix Crossover? . I will lock this thread, and we can continue the discussion there. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom