MoCaler heads south for T-Day and a dive..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Spent a long holiday week visiting my brother ans sister in Orange County and was able to get away for a few dives at Shaws Cove in Laguna.Conditions were superb and got in a few great dives! Love the garibaldi and a very cool reef there lots of caves and swimthroughs with some neat structure. Water was a balmy 62 degrees! Dove in my WS and was not even a bit chilled after a 1hr and 10min dive.Heard some other divers complaining about the cold and had to laugh
Only complaint was the cost of fills..16 smackers for a nitrox fill-ouch!!!:shocked2: IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Those are very nice pictures Drew. I was also down south for the holiday. All my family is down there and I have cousins in the OC. It would be nice to have a buddy to dive with when I am in SoCal. Are you planning to go back down for Christmas?

Nice shots Drew and thanks for the report! I've never been diving in Laguna and looking forward to it even more now. :D

I was in SoCal diving over the holiday weekend too and loved the water temps! We had 61 degrees on our first dive and 60 & 59 on the other two.

Thanks folks..still a total rookie with the camera!

Ben- Are you willing to use your fins? :D

Paula-You really should check out Laguna. It was very different from Monterey-we had some really nice dives! Unfortunately Thanksgiving is my holiday to visit..next year possibly?

Michelle-Where did you dive? I contemplated going to San Diego or Catalina but was very pleased with Laguna..only 15 min from my sisters house in Irvine!

Back
Top Bottom