Mobbys Drysuit Glue??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexhaben

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I moved this thread to the DIY section since it seemed more appropriate section rather than exposure.

I have an old two part Mobby's Twin Shell Pro drysuit but the original latex neck and wrist seals starting to leak on me (mainly the wrist seals) and I was thinking of replacing them. The new permanent replaceable SI Tech neck and wrist tite systems seem like a good way to good especially with the new options of silicone seals.

SI Tech recommends using a Polyurethane based glue for bonding their quick change systems to the suit. But I heard that the mobby suits are pretty particular to using the correct adhesive to bond well to them.

Does anybody know what adhesives (specifically pu based ones) work on Mobby drysuits? Aquaseal? Dry Adhesive Drysuit Tape? OS systems PB-300?

I'd love to keep this suit going since it fits me well and I really rather not junk it becuase of the seals.

Thanks for any info.

Alex

Nobody has any glue suggestions for me, too bad.:shakehead:

Well after doing more researching and calling all the drysuit glue manufacturers I've come up with the DUI/Chiftons UR1087 glue or the PB300 should work for me. I'm leaning to the PB-300 since it seems like the easier one to work with and the heat activated bonding could be a plus in getting the seal orientated correctly. Plus I have a variable temperature heat gun and small modeling iron and these should work well for drysuit repair with the PB300.

I haven't decided if the SI tech permanent wrist and neck system will be going on this suit, since I am getting mixed reviews on them and the new ever trendy silicone seals.

Which glue did you end up using? I'll be doing the same thing to my drysuit.

So far folks have had good luck using PB-300 but I've heard reports of guys using plain old contact cement, which is kind of dicey to me because of the varying solvents & other ingredients which may wind up giving a "stiff" glue joint.
PB-300 at least has a darn good track record.
With zippers, where stiffness doesn't matter, Pliobond, a somewhat common contact cement, has most of PB-300's endearing qualities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom