Moalboal vs. Alona Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
Over the last two weeks of my trip, I have scheduled:

MoalBoal (2 dive days)
Alona Beach (4 dive days)
Southern Leyte (4 dive days)

There is a fair amount of traveling in between the locations. I was planning Moalboal because Pescador island is supposed to be highly rated.

Wondering if I should cut the traveling down a bit and just do Alona Beach (Bal. and Cab.) and Sogod.

Your sage comments very much appreciated.

Rick Colman

highly rated that is .... that would put it to being OVER rated !!!

ooooppppsssss............. GO for MoalBoal , Pescador Island. after several years of protection it should have regained its state.. or was it over dived ....

while around moalboal, check KAWASAN FALLS !!! great pool there after a 20 min hike up to the water falls.

I was big fan of Pescador, though the other sites near Moalboal aren't great. The House Reef is quite decent, however, and Sunken Island isn't bad either. Two days of diving there should be sufficient. While the overall diving in Alona and Southern Leyte is definitely better, it's always nice to see dfferent parts of the country as well.

If you decide to do Moalboal, make sure you go see Kawasan falls as well.

I am headed to Cebu from August 24- Sept 6th. I was thinking of spending the entire time in Moalboal but from the sounds of yours postings I might have it "dived out" withing 3-4 days. Any suggestions for other great dive spots on Cebu? Do you think I should check out Bohol?

I was not overly impressed with cebu. Southern Leyte has EVERYTHING. go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom