MK5 DIN with BA in Netherlands, special color. for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Angelo, apparently there are bids that go at least close to the asking price. One from UK, another from Germany. So don't bother contacting the seller again, the €50 will not be accepted. Just the DIN connector could fetch more.
Well, if it is in good shape it can be worth 150 €, as I wrote. But the photo, unfortunately, is too bad for ascertain this...
Regarding the Din adapter, I just upgraded two of my MK5 mounting the original Scubapro universal DIN adapter, which costs just 34 Euros here in Europe (new and factory-sealed) for the 200 bar version and 37 euros for the 300 bars version:
KIT DIN SCUBAPRO 200BAR 10.045.020 | eBay
KIT DIN UNIVERSALE SCUBAPRO 300 BAR 10.045.030 | eBay

According to the seller the reg is sold.
OK, good for him...
Still I had liked some better photos of it!
For archival purposes, I post here the (bad) photo of this announcement, as these black versions are indeed quite rare...
I still doubt it is a BA (156), it looks like a plain MK5+109:
86.jpg

The metal cover of second stage appears to be severely damaged, and the rubber cover seems to miss the central metallic ring with Scubapro's "S".
Also the first stage seems to be quite worn, and the original black plugs have been replaced with new shiny ones. The hose is new. The original one was also black-chromed...

@axxel57 did send me the second stage completely rebuilt and converted to BA-156, I tested it on a MK10 and was simply perfect, tuned at 1.2 inch, as I like...
The first stage, instead, was yet with original coloured O-rings and flat white seat, so I did service it my self. All the O-rings needed to be replaced, while the seat was... new! There were no shims, I added two thin ones (one below and one above the spring), packed the SPEC chamber with silicon grease and tested it for IP stability.
Finally I changed the hose. It was still employing the original one, which appeared in good conditions. But I preferred to swap it with a more modern Scubapro yellow hose, which is longer, has the finned nut which can be hand-tightened, and has the internal star-shaped section which ensures air flow even when knotted (I think it is called "superflow").
However, the lockdown impeded me to go to the sea and test it underwater. I hope to be able after 31 July, when the last anti-covid measures should be lifted, and we will be allowed to dive "normally"...
I was just curious because recently I bought a NOS 156 right out of the box it worked perfectly. I’ll replace a couple O-rings before I actually use it in the water if I dare to scratch it.

I know this is not the correct part of the forum, but as this is the place for older things people may be interested here.

This is not my ad, so I have no further interest in the sale. It is in the Netherlands, so language may be a problem.

≥ scubapro automaat vintage MK10 balanced adjustable - Duiken en Zwemsport - Marktplaats.nl

I will translate:

100% working order
Old MK10 plus with balanced adjustable. ( I contacted the seller about the model, as it is a MK5)

Black model sold to Dutch and Italian navy, very rare.

Inside completely refurbished and 100% working order

Shipping for buyer

As i already have 6 of the MK5 DIN I am not interested, but maybe someone else
Interested

Well, if it is in good shape it can be worth 150 €, as I wrote. But the photo, unfortunately, is too bad for ascertain this...
Regarding the Din adapter, I just upgraded two of my MK5 mounting the original Scubapro universal DIN adapter, which costs just 34 Euros here in Europe (new and factory-sealed) for the 200 bar version and 37 euros for the 300 bars version:
KIT DIN SCUBAPRO 200BAR 10.045.020 | eBay
KIT DIN UNIVERSALE SCUBAPRO 300 BAR 10.045.030 | eBay

You said this works on the MK-5, correct?

@couv

I think the MK5 DIN experts are @halocline & @Angelo Farina
However, it is my understanding that the SP "Universal" DIN fitting can be used with the addition of a washer.

You said this works on the MK-5, correct?

@couv
Yes, it works well. But you need to insert a 2mm brass washer inside the hole before screwing in the adapter for ensuring that the O-ring placed just after the screwed part sits in the proper position.
Without washer the adaper goes too much in, and the O-ring goes beyond the sealing surface.
The old DIN adapter was 2mm longer, of course...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom