MK25 Vs Titan Lx Vs ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmm

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a regulator package and my shortlist is now down to:
Scubapro MK25 S600
Aqualung Titan LX Supreme
Apeks ATX200

I've just used the Aqualung Titan LX Supreme so i know what to expect from them (found them to be very good).

My diving is mostly going to be warm water but as I live in the UK I don't want to limit my options. My other requirements:
Compact and lightweight
Easy/nice to breath
Reliable and cheap/easy to service

Cost is a factor but I first want to know which is the best.

Thanks!
Mark

I’ve used the MK20/S600 (the MK20 is almost the same as the MK25) and the ATX200 extensively. They are both great. Some people feel that the Scubapro’s piston 1st stage is superior to the Apeks diaphragm 1st stage—IMHO, it’s hard to tell in the real world as they are both very high performance/easy breathing. There have been a few threads on this board regarding the perceived short-comings of the MK25/S600 in cold water—If you are leaning towards Scubapro, you might want to consider the “just as good, if not slightly better” and slightly cheaper MK25/G250. Avoid the (IMHO) pointless Titanium MK25T/S600T or the lightweight MK25SA. As for the Aqualung, the Legend LX Supreme would be the one that is in the same league (and according to some, superior to) the ATX200—bear in mind that they are very similar (and use the same comfo-bite mouthpiece) and that there is a business relationship between Aqualung and Apeks.

If you live in the UK, you’ll have no problems getting the Apeks serviced, as they are made in the UK. Apeks regs are generally much easier to service than the quite complex MK25/S600. The Apeks 1st stage is also very compact compared to the swivel/right angle MK25.

Cost wise, all three are similarly priced (before discount) in the UK (all prices below in Pound Sterling):

Aqualung Legend LX Supreme 359.95
Apeks ATX200 395.10
Scubapro MK25AF/S600 369.00

For comparative “performance test,” see also the February 2005 issue of Dive magazine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom