MK25 S600 VS MKG250HP Any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014:
MK25 S600 VS MKG250HP Any thoughts? which is better? why?

I have tried both and honestly I can't tell the difference in the water. From what I've read, there are some additional advantages to the G250HP due to it being bigger but i'm not qualified to go into that. The S600 may look better, but unless your into looks, I would have to say the G250HP is better due to equal prformace and a lower price tag.

smb1014:

Do a search and you will find tons. DA Aquamaster is the resident expert. In short - S600 and G250HP have the exact same parts kit. The diaphram on the G250HP is larger than the S600 so theoretically it will breath a little easier. G250HP weighs a tiny bit more as well. S600 freezes more often than the G250HP according to anecdotal discussions. G250HP is anywhere between $30 and $50 cheaper than the S600.

--Matt

smb1014:

I dive with HP twin 120's I use the S600 as my primary and back up, love them and the G250 on my stages, all regs are DIN. The G250 breathes as good as th S600's, I like the S600's b/c they are smaller

Like Matt metioned, theoretically, someone argues that G250HP might be easier. DA Aquamaster explained once. The breath effort is mainly depending on the first stage. So, in your case, there will be no different except the cosmetic feeling such as Apeks ATX or TX series.

Back
Top Bottom