Mk25/S600/R390 suitable for 50% O2 Mix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kckskh

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any 1 knows whethere Mk25/S600/R390 suitable for 50% O2 Mix???

Best I can find on the Scubapro website -

"Optional Kit Makes MK25 Compatible With Up To 100% Oxygen."

I don't see anything more specific than that. When I bought my mk25/G250, I was told it was good to 50% EANx, but since I'm not certified on nitrox yet, it hasn't been a concern.

IMHK (In my humble knowledge), the stock reg is up to 40%. I never tried it to 50%.
I don't know if something happens with 50%. Well I never!, you won't be dead.:10:
Kidding!

My understanding is they are all good up to 40% and that the SP s600 and R390 can be set up and O2 cleaned for higher PPO2.

Scubapro makes an O2 kit for the Mk25. But out of the box it is only good to 40%. With the kit and proper cleaning it will be good to 100%.
Dive Safe, Dive Often,
Butch :scubadive

As long as I know, all scubapro regulators come with christolube, what can perfectly be suitable to use with 50% O2. Above this, you might use viton o'rings.
Clean waters,
Andrehzao

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I have a related question.

When alternating between rec nitrox (F02<0.40) and air, does the MK25/S600 have to be O2 cleaned?

Is it imperitive to have it serviced before using Nitrox if it has been used with Grade E air?

I can't find any related info on ScubaPro.com, so any help is appreciated.

It depends on the quality of the Grade E air.

The CGA Grade "E" standard allows 5mg per cubic meter of hydrocarbons while "oxygen compatible" air considered compatible for use in partial pressure blending of nitrox or for use in tanks that may be exposed to 100% O2 during partial pressure blending has maximum of only .1mg per cubic meter of hydrocarbons.

Most shops post the results of their most recent air tests so should be able to check to see how the air stands with regard to hydro carbons. Most shops that sell nitrox, also sell O2 compatible air.

Ideally, shops will test their air just before changing out the old filters. Testing on a new filter, does not tell you much about the quality of the air just before the filter is due for a change. The test should also be less than 6 months old.

In short, if you are using O2 compatible air, no new O2 cleaning is required before switching to nitrox again.

hmm... I've used air fills from a boat that I doubt are the cleanest things in the world. I suppose I should get it cleaned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom