mk25 g250 or mk25 s600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
could anyone of you help me on this. which should iget the g250 or s600. is it worth it getting the much expensive s600? ( $40 more) I read in an article that the s600 has just the same construction as the g250 except for it's size.could anyone help me on the performance of these two? :dazzler1:

Internally, they are identical and use the same poppet design.

The G250 however uses a large diaphragm which is a plus as it increases the area of the diaphragm. This means less pressure differential is needed across the diaphragm to operate lever in the secnd stage which gives the G250 an edge in inhalation resistance givne that the internal mechanism is the same.

The S600 also has a poor rep in cold water. In my opinon the smaller size of the S600 is not worth the compromises or the extra $40.

I can only comment on the G250, and I am very pleased with my choice. It breathes great, and even with it's "large" size, I don't notice it causing drag or excess bulk underwater.

DA Aquamaster:
Internally, they are identical and use the same poppet design.

The G250 however uses a large diaphragm which is a plus as it increases the area of the diaphragm. This means less pressure differential is needed across the diaphragm to operate lever in the secnd stage which gives the G250 an edge in inhalation resistance givne that the internal mechanism is the same.

The S600 also has a poor rep in cold water. In my opinon the smaller size of the S600 is not worth the compromises or the extra $40.

I am personally amazed and pleased with how well the MK25 G250HP breathes. I would not suggest the extra cash for the S600.

--Matt

Thanks forall your info, I made my decision it's G250 all the way, I'm picking it up next week at our LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom