Mk18/g250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakiwi

Registered
Reaction score
LDS has a MK18/g250 on sale for $289.00 is this a good buy for this model of reg. I have searched on the scuba forum for this type of reg, there hasn't been very many posts about this unit. What are the pros and cons.

MK18 has been discontinued about a year ago. I was told that MK17 will be on US market next month. If then, I think MK16 will be gone too.

$289 is a typical sale price if it comes with G250HP, not G250. I am sure your LDS want to get rid of it ASAP. My LDS was asking $350 or $369, so I didn't get it about six month ago.

Scubakiwi:
LDS has a MK18/g250 on sale for $289.00 is this a good buy for this model of reg. I have searched on the scuba forum for this type of reg, there hasn't been very many posts about this unit. What are the pros and cons.

I'm guessing that you're in San Diego, as I am. The MK18/G250HP is a great rig. I love mine. (Bought mine last year at the same sale!)

This is a great price for it too. You won't regret it. And you won't beat the price, either!

++ Peter

It's a great reg and a great price. The Mk 17 is coming out soon in the US (I hope) but it does not incorporate a swivel, so if you want am SP diaphragm first stage with a swivel grab it while you can.

My understanding was that the Mk 16 was dc'd July 25th in the US, so I am looking for some great clearance prices.

I love my mk18 g250. It was my primary reg until I went to doubles and bought a Dive Rite 2500 for my long hose. But the 18/250 is still bungeed around my neck on every dive. I paid $340 for mine a couple years ago at the LDS. That was a great deal. $289 is even better.

I just picked one up on ebay this weekend for $128! :D I haven't decide if I am going to put a DIN connector on it and use it on my stage bottle, or if I am going to leave the yoke on and use it for my travel reg.

Yes, sounds like a great deal. I also am very happy with my Mk18/g250. I got mine in San Diego probably at the same place. My deal was a package that also included a Halcyon BC and the r390 octopus. A year later the package deal went down by another $50 after the halxyon eclipse wing came out.

I have kept the mk18 yoke, but I use it with a steel tank pressured a 3442 so I may switch to DIN one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom