MK17 & MK25 convert to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
Can a Scubapro MK17 & MK25 that is Yoke now be converted to DIN? I don't want to use a "converter" but have the regs actually changed to DIN.

All you need is a 1" socket (very short and thin wall ) or put the 1" portion of the yoke into a vise and un screw it from the 1 st stage. Then screw in the Din assy into the 1st stage, and torque it to about 19 to 21 #'s re install the screen and you then have a din set up.
So the tools required are the 1" socket or vise, 6mm and 8mm allen wrench, some ChristoLube, and a torque wrench. Should take more time to get the tools out than it does to change it out.
Jim breslin

I agree with the above except for the wrench sizes. I am pretty sure it requires 1/8" (to remove the center portion that holds the o-ring and contains the filter) and 6mm to remove the DIN retainer itself.

An 1/8" allen wrench works fine as torque is not critical (just don't over do it - snug is enough). However the 6mm need to be an allen head socket with enough reach to get to the bottom of the DIN retainer - some short reach allen head sockets will catch the hex fitting, but not enough of it and it will strip. You need the allen head socket as you need to properly torque the DIN retainer. 22 ft pounds is in the middle of the specified range.

So you need a 1" yoke nut socket, a 1/8" hex wrench, a 6mm long reach allen head socket and a torque wrench, plus the Scubapro universal DIN conversion kit.

The kit runs about $45.00-$50.00 on e-bay or around $65-85 at the local dive shop which while more expensive is still cheaper once you consider the cost of the tools you'll need to buy and the shop should install it for free. If you have tools or like to buy tools, DIY makes sense, if not, you are better off having a dealer do it than installing it without the proper tools.

I had my MK25 converted to DIN 2 years ago at a shop in NYC. I believe I paid $55 for it. No additional charge for installation. The shop insisted that they do it for me.

I'm sure that any Scubapro dealer can convert your regs to DIN for you.

Back
Top Bottom