MK11 vs. MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissBubbles205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've always been told no question is a dumb question... But I feel like this one is.. I've read soo much info that I have become soo very confused. I have a ScubaPro Ladyhawk BC with an Air2 and I would really like to stick with ScubaPro for my Reg.

So, my question is what is the difference between an MK11 and an MK25? I noticed I can get the C300 with either. But I'm leaning towards to S600 if I can find a great deal.

Different designs.
MK 25......piston.
MK 11......diaphragm.

With the same 2nd stage mounted to either you won't be able to tell any difference.

If you use a long hose to breathe from the 25 offers better routing.

I personally prefer diaphragm first stage as all the important mechanicals are not exposed to water, they tend to be more stable over extended servicing intervals and are more forgiving of poor rinsing.

We have the MK 25/S600 in our training/rental program. It is an outstanding reg.

I perfer the MK 25 due to the performance, hose configuration and easy/cost of maintenance.

It has been the standard in the industry for decades. It has 40 years of R & D behind it.

The MK11/C300 is a nice 2nd.

You can also go for the latest version of MK20(the one with oval holes) you as a user are not losing anything. The difference with MK25 would be that the IP can be adjusted easier for the technician as MK25 uses a screw and MK20 uses shims.
I have bought a set of MK20/S600 in excellent condition for $225 on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom