Mk10 with an internal crack ... how, why, WTH?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still Kicking

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was looking through my box of reg odds and ends and came across a Mk10. No idea where i got it but on closer inspection it may be toast. Any guesses as to what happened to cause such damage on the HP side?

Attachments

• Picture_20211027111013.jpg
    Picture_20211027111013.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 158
I'm afraid that reg is toast.
That is a classic high pressure split either from fatigue/corrosion or excessive pressure.
The HP port is drilled right toward the center HP area of the reg body.
IMG_20210727_172840.jpg

At the thinnest area of that bore, the base of the port is only 0.025"/0.7mm thick.
Screenshot_20210727-173103_Samsung Notes.jpg

You'll note that your split tracks along the line of that thin area, and bows out.
Sorry to bring bad news!

I figured as much. A shame but not such a big loss as i didnt even know i had it, Lol. Thanks for the confirmation.

I was looking through my box of reg odds and ends and came across a Mk10. No idea where i got it but on closer inspection it may be toast. Any guesses as to what happened to cause such damage on the HP side?
Interesting!
Thought I've seen already quite any damage possible on SP regs not caused by negligence or bad handling ( what might be even here the case, I just wouldn't know how)......
Thanks for sharing....

I am interested in it for a few bucks to cut apart as a display

^ I was about to say we have a number of SP regulator enthusiasts here who would probably want it, even if it was toast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom