Mk10 and Mk5 rebuild kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Longwaytofall

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I came across some older gear that I would like to rebuild and use or resell. It consists of 2 Mk10s, 2 Mk5s, and 2 109 2nd stage regulators (I'll include photos incase I am incorrect on any of that!)
I also have some G250s but buddahsummer has me covered in regards to working on those, many thanks BTW!
At this point I really only need 1 1st stage in din. My plan was to take the din adapter off of the Mk 10 and put it on the yoke Mk10 (it has much less use) and rebuild that unit. Someday I may build a doubles set, so I'm considering rebuilding and using the Mk5s, but I should probably wait until I have a need before spending money on parts. The 109s I will likely sell if they hold much value, as I am likely to continue buying G250s if I build another setup of doubles or build my wife gear.
Anyways, what is the best source for a rebuild kit on the Mk10? Does someone have one available to purchase?
Many thanks,
Micah
PXL_20240811_170146832.jpg
Mk5s.jpg
Mk10 yoke.jpg
Mk10din.jpg

I’ve seen them on eBay from time to time. Here is one available now, MK10 Service Kit
The title on this listing is a bit off base. The kit shown for sale is for MK10+, and is not compatible with the standard MK10.
Kit # 10.500.045 is correct for MK10.

The title on this listing is a bit off base. The kit shown for sale is for MK10+, and is not compatible with the standard MK10.
Kit # 10.500.045 is correct for MK10.
You caught that and I did not. I had just ordered one for my MK10... I assume the piston O-ring will be different, but everything else is the same?

You caught that and I did not. I had just ordered one for my MK10... I assume the piston O-ring will be different, but everything else is the same?
The MK10+ HP seat is not the same as MK10. See the attached diagram showing MK10 and MK10+ parts side by side.
Also, I would not be using the orings from service kits of that vintage. In particular the HP piston oring if it is made of polyurethane which has a relatively short shelf life.

Two options from the bay at the moment.
A MK10 kit # 10.500.041 from 1996, but it appears to only have a single HP seat and I would not use the almost 30 year old orings.
A somewhat newer MK5 kit # 10.105.041, which has 3 HP seats of varying height to help adjust IP. This is an option since MK10 and MK5 use the same HP seats. And with 3 HP seats it is a better choice than the old MK10 kit as either choice means sourcing orings separately.

New MK10 kits are out of stock at most online sources at the moment. This EU seller has new MK10 kits, but shipping cost to US is higher than the kit itself.

Attachments

• MK10-10P-2001-02.pdf
    80.7 KB · Views: 10
Ok, have a pair of the mk10 kits on the way. Trying to source O-rings now. I'm on the Oringsandmore.com site, and they have a wide selection. My 2 questions:
For the G250, can all orings be EPDM and 70 hardness?

For the Mk10, can all orings be EPDM and 70 hardness with the exception of the HP piston seal (SP 010-50-136, 010 size)?

Who knew there was so much to orings!
Thanks!

There are various threads about orings here from over the years, with informed discussions of pros and cons of material choices.
For MK10/G250, I use EPDM 90 durometer for first stage orings exposed to tank pressure and 70 durometer for everything else.

Ok, have a pair of the mk10 kits on the way. Trying to source O-rings now. I'm on the Oringsandmore.com site, and they have a wide selection. My 2 questions:
For the G250, can all orings be EPDM and 70 hardness?

For the Mk10, can all orings be EPDM and 70 hardness with the exception of the HP piston seal (SP 010-50-136, 010 size)?

Who knew there was so much to orings!
Thanks!
For the G250, yes. For the MK10, also yes but I like to use higher duro o-rings for the HP seat seal and for the seal in the DIN/yoke retainer. I’m not sure how much it matters. The HP seat seal in the newer kits is a square-profile washer, but you can use an o-ring in that spot instead. It has to be seated somewhat carefully.

I may be able to help you, I have a good supply of o-rings (although I haven’t gone through it to check my stock in a while) and while I don’t want to sell them, I would be interested in the DIN connector for your MK5. If you’d be willing to part with that, I could send you a MK5 yoke and the o-rings you need for your MK10 rebuild. Let me know if you’re interested. Because the MK5 DIN connector has some value, I’m also happy to pay something, I don’t know how much. Depends on the condition, I suppose.

I use MK5s for my stage regs and those must be DIN, I can’t use yoke.

Send me a PM if you’d like to work something out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom