Miyakejima Dive Tour May 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mar Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are planning one of the first scuba diving trips to Miyakejima sometime in May 2005 after the island is opened to tourists.

You might have seen in the newspaper about the group of zealous fishermen who went fishing last weekend, not knowing that the island is still closed to tourists until May...

After we get all the logistical details worked out (like if we have to bring our own gas masks, etc.) another announcement will follow.

Any questions? Please feel free to post a followup.

If anyone is interested in joining our trip, please feel free to send a personal mail (PM) or e-mail to matt@marscuba.com.

Mar Scuba:
We are planning one of the first scuba diving trips to Miyakejima sometime in May 2005 after the island is opened to tourists.

You might have seen in the newspaper about the group of zealous fishermen who went fishing last weekend, not knowing that the island is still closed to tourists until May...

After we get all the logistical details worked out (like if we have to bring our own gas masks, etc.) another announcement will follow.

Any questions? Please feel free to post a followup.

If anyone is interested in joining our trip, please feel free to send a personal mail (PM) or e-mail to matt@marscuba.com.

Hi

I went to Miyakejima about ten years ago and it was really fun.

A lot of the dive spots has good topographies and we can see big fishes sometimes.

I swam with the Dolphins and it was really exciting.

I'd like to know more details about the Miyakejima trip.

charomi:
I'd like to know more details about the Miyakejima trip.

The photos I saw in a local Japanese newspaper showed a lot of promise. While the seafloor is covered with ash in some areas, there was a lot of fish life.

We will have more of the logistical details such as dates of the trip, transport, accomodations, and diving in about 2-3 weeks. I will post an update at that time, too.

For those who are interested in the trip, please send e-mail so I can keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom